Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Journey to Israel



Yes, you read that title correctly. I am planning on going to Israel next March 2015 with Rev. Andy Cook and about 40 others with Experiencing Israel. We are planning on visiting The Dead Sea, The Jordan River, the aqueducts of Caesarea, the Garden Tomb, and Jerusalem. This is not some idea I had on a whim or a spontaneous way to spend all my money, but a journey I believe God has had planned for me. I have seen others go to Israel and walk where Jesus walked and I just fell in love with the idea of being in the birthplace of my faith. I thought it would be amazing to go, but I never thought I could actually pull it off one day. Then, four years down the road, I heard that my godfather, Rev. Andy Cook takes groups to Israel. I thought this was God giving me the opportunity I have only dreamed. This past May I signed up to go not knowing where the money was coming from or how I was going to do this. As you may know, God has everything planned. The money is working out with my job and so far I have been able to make the payments. Now your next question may be something along the lines of what about the events going on in Israel right now? I have been assured that we will not be put into danger and that if conditions are bad when we are planning on being there then we will not go, but as of now everything is good to go. I truly feel that God has planned this for me and that this is the perfect time in my life to be seeing where His Son served. I am grateful and humbled at the thought of getting to know my Savior deeper. Please be praying because this journey is just starting and there are many more steps to get to the amazing things He has to show me.

1 comment: